What is a cookie?
We want your experience of visiting our websites to be as user-friendly as possible. This often requires cookies. A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the websites you are visiting – for any advertising and marketing efforts. More information about cookies, including how to block them and/or delete them, can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- help us understand how our websites are used on an aggregated (not individual) basis, so we can improve them for you;
- provide an enhanced user experience for you, and
- provide services that are necessary for the running of the websites.
By using our site, you agree to these cookies being set, but you are free to change your cookie settings at any time. However, we recommend you allow cookies so you can:
- get the best experience and additional functionality – for example social media sharing buttons, polls, games etc., and
- help us improve our website - we need to understand how our websites are used to make them better.
These cookies do not collect information that could identify you personally, but they do help us understand:
- which pages are most popular – so we can make these as accessible as possible;
- which pages aren’t being used – so we can remove content that isn’t of value;
- what’s being searched for – so we can improve access to most requested information;
- where errors are being displayed – so we can fix these for you, and
- where we need to focus our development effort as trends in browser usage (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari) and device types (eg tablets, desktops, mobiles) change.
All of this helps us develop our websites to deliver a better experience for you. Without this information, we will have less insight into what users want. Please help us deliver a better experience to you by allowing cookies.
- Assisting you in navigation
- Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback
- Analysing your use of our products, services or applications
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioral advertising)
We classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functional Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
Our websites are scanned regularly with our cookie scanning tool to maintain a list as accurate as possible. Below is a detailed list of the cookies we use on our websites.